Unable to create silverlight account

May 13, 2014 at 1:21 PM
I have attempted to go to the site http://silverlight.live.com however it always redirects me to outlook.com. Did Microsoft take the ability to make silverlight accounts away or is it a bug? Let me know as soon as possible because I would really like to make this Video.Show app work. Thank you!
May 13, 2014 at 8:20 PM
Well boys and girls, it's dead. Therefore this project itself is dead too. Too bad... :(

Summary:

· Microsoft Silverlight Streaming by Windows Live Beta is being discontinued and will eventually be taken down.

· A new Windows® Azure™-based hosting and delivery service will be launched by the end of 2009, though this is not a direct replacement for Silverlight Streaming and will have costs associated with its use.

· You can access, retrieve and if desired remove your content that is hosted on Silverlight Streaming by following the instructions below.

· Key dates and information about the availability of the new Windows Azure functionality, and when the existing Silverlight Streaming beta service will be taken down, will be communicated in the coming weeks.

Background:

Since May 2007, we have been offering a free beta service to host Silverlight applications and videos. This service is being discontinued to make way for a new Windows Azure-based service. Once this new service is launched, the current Silverlight Streaming beta service will eventually be taken down.

Don’t panic! All your current content is safe and you will receive sufficient notice for you to make an informed decision on where to host your Silverlight content and applications. However, in the interim, we would like you to be aware of the following:

· Effective immediately, no new sign-ups are permitted for the Silverlight Streaming service. In addition, the Silverlight Streaming publishing plug-in for Expression Encoder will no longer be available for download.

· The new Windows Azure functionality will not be a direct replacement for the Silverlight Streaming service and will be a paid subscription service.

Read more: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/expressionencoder/archive/2009/10/19/9909233.aspx
Marked as answer by dbrewerton on 5/13/2014 at 12:20 PM