Thumbnail and upload failure

Aug 7, 2008 at 6:38 AM
I have followed all installation instructions but I keep getting the error below each time I upload a file. The folder does exist; I have tried both Expression Encoder 1.0 and 2.0 and both failed;  How do I reslove this?
"
Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Documents and Settings\xxxxxxxx\Local Settings\Temp\VideoShowEncoder\61.Encoded\Winter_Thumb.jpg'
"

The error is generate in the public void Process(Video video)
failing code line ---> " File.Copy(encoderResult.ThumbFilePath, newThumbPath, true); "

public void Process(Video video)
{
Video = video;

EncoderResult encoderResult = new ExpressionEncoder().Encode(video);

//Silverlight Streaming won't serve images to Silverlight Applications it doesn't host,
//so we need to save the thumbnails locally.
System.IO.FileInfo thumbFileInfo = new System.IO.FileInfo(encoderResult.ThumbFilePath);
string newThumbDir = new FileInfo(video.RawStorageLocation).Directory.ToString().Replace("_temp_upload", "Images\\Thumbnails");
string newThumbPath = Path.Combine(newThumbDir, thumbFileInfo.Name);
VideoLogBO.Log(Video, String.Format("Move the thumbnail file from \"{0}\" to \"{1}\"", encoderResult.ThumbFilePath, newThumbPath));
File.Copy(encoderResult.ThumbFilePath, newThumbPath, true);
Video.ThumbnailUrl = "/images/thumbnails/" + thumbFileInfo.Name;
VideoBO.Update(Video);

HostResult hostResult = new SilverlightStreamingHost().AddMedia(encoderResult.VideoFilePath, video);
UpdateVideo(hostResult);
}
Aug 12, 2008 at 6:30 PM
From my experience with this error, I believe it has to do with the lack of the proper encoder being installed on your computer.

Install something like Gspot Codec reader and see what type of codec your video requires and make sure you have the right codec installed on your system.

Also, I installed the K-Lite Mega Codec Pack and that seemed to solve most of these problems since the pack installs a ton of codecs.  I also had to install Quicktime to solve other problems like this.  Since I've installed these codecs, I have been able to throw pretty much any type of video file at it and it works both in Encoder 1 and 2.