Default JobFile

Feb 19, 2008 at 9:41 PM
Edited Feb 19, 2008 at 9:41 PM
The default VideoShow code produces video files that stream at 1.03 mbps, audio at 128 kbps, and a size of 480x360.

I'd like to use a prx file I created with Expression Encoder to change those settings to something more reasonable for the web. Defaulting to 1.03 mbps doesn't seem reasonable to me.

It appears the seetings are set in the JobFile.cs class. However I can't figure out how to implement my custon prx file.

I tried the following but it has no effect. Any assistance on this would be appreciated.

System.Xml.Serialization.XmlAttributeAttribute()
public string VideoProfile
{
get { return this.videoProfileField; }
set { this.videoProfileField = "c:\\inetpub\video.show\\web\videoshow.prx"; }
}

public string AudioProfile
{
get { return this.audioProfileField; }
set { this.audioProfileField = "c:\\inetpub\video.show\\web\videoshow.prx"; }
}
Feb 20, 2008 at 5:49 AM
Seems running Encoder in gui mode on Vista offers more encoding default options than when run on Windows 2003 server. For example on Windows 2003 server I have no 512 profile option. Not sure why as the same install file was used on both machines. Anyway, I created a custom job file on the Windows 2003 machine with Expression Encoder and changed my VideoShow job files to this and all works ok.

JoeReynolds wrote:
The default VideoShow code produces video files that stream at 1.03 mbps, audio at 128 kbps, and a size of 480x360.

I'd like to use a prx file I created with Expression Encoder to change those settings to something more reasonable for the web. Defaulting to 1.03 mbps doesn't seem reasonable to me.

It appears the seetings are set in the JobFile.cs class. However I can't figure out how to implement my custon prx file.

I tried the following but it has no effect. Any assistance on this would be appreciated.

{
}

{
}

Apr 4, 2008 at 9:26 PM
it looks like the encoding has changed since this was posted and i am having a hard time finding where to change the profile that video.show is using to encode. i looked in jobfile.cs and expressionencoder.cs to no avail. i want to change the size of the video that is being encoded.

thanks

JoeReynolds wrote:
Seems running Encoder in gui mode on Vista offers more encoding default options than when run on Windows 2003 server. For example on Windows 2003 server I have no 512 profile option. Not sure why as the same install file was used on both machines. Anyway, I created a custom job file on the Windows 2003 machine with Expression Encoder and changed my VideoShow job files to this and all works ok.

JoeReynolds wrote:

{
}

{
}

Apr 5, 2008 at 12:07 AM
i ended up just adding VideoSize attribute to the jobfile.xml and it worked.
Apr 5, 2008 at 9:02 AM
That is correct, gorbett. The following was taken from .../Video.Show/Developer Overview.docx included with the latest release:

2. Constructs the “Job File.”
a. The Encoder.exe takes a job file defining what actions should be taken on what content. Video.Show includes a JobFile.xml that acts as a template for each video encoded for display on the site.
i. A job file template is created by using Expression Encoder to configure a job and then using File, Save As to create an Xml version of the job setting.

I concur this is the simplest method to create a custom JobFile.xml. Copy the custom job file into .../Web/tempupload/ and overwrite the release job file.