Self Host Video

Feb 9, 2008 at 4:03 PM
I'm hoping to modify the code to upload video files to our server. If anyone else has worked on this perhaps you can be of help.

How many and what project files need to be changed?

It appears at least Silverlight StreamingUpload.cs must be changed. Any thoughts or ideas on how to change this or any other required changes would be appreciated.
Feb 12, 2008 at 6:09 PM
I would love to see this feature too.
Mar 12, 2008 at 8:42 PM
I love to see that too! Any news?
Mar 13, 2008 at 4:14 AM
Edited Mar 13, 2008 at 4:15 AM
You do realize that hosting streaming content requires a streaming server, not just hosting the file?

Also, why would anybody really want that headache? Sorry if I sound a bit negative, I'm just trying to understand.
Mar 13, 2008 at 12:10 PM
Take a look at this video starter kit and you will get the point.

http://www.mediasoftpro.com/video-starter-kit.html
Jul 23, 2008 at 4:47 PM
Any update on this? 

I understand we will need a streaming server. If we have one, has anyone worked on the changes in the project files?

thank you
Oct 15, 2008 at 12:16 PM
Bump... anybody have a good idea on this yet?
Oct 31, 2008 at 3:35 AM
Edited Feb 12, 2009 at 3:00 PM
Anyone care to share how to self host the video? I understand wmv is streamable format and as such does not require any special server technology... so could someone pretty please post the relevant changes to the code to self host video?

Hopefully I'll update this myself and post how stupid I was but I have been asking a while...

-Ken
Feb 23, 2009 at 8:20 PM
I know this has been quiet for a while, but I just stumbled onto it.  Has anyone figured out how to self-host the video files?

Thanks,
Christian
Mar 5, 2009 at 10:35 AM
100% this is definitely something that I need!! As I have an international client, and we do not want to use a beta hosting for the video content. We have all thats needed to host the videos, but need to know if this can be done! Thanks!