Error while trying to install Video.Show

Jan 8, 2008 at 8:57 AM
Hi,

I downloaded the zip file from this site (v1.0 RC2) and from the file I copied the folder 'Web' to my IIS root directory and did the required steps as per the installation guide (I guess!) but when I run the application I got the following error: "The type or namespace name 'VideoShow' could not be found" on the line "<profile inherits="VideoShow.UserProfile">" of the web.config file.

Am I missing something?

Regards
Jan 8, 2008 at 5:39 PM
Sounds like you need to open the solution file (.sln) in visual studio and build. The zip you downloaded does not contain the bin folders. Try running the site from Visual Studio first to make sure it works before you deploy to a web server.

-- mm

TheBlueSky wrote:
Hi,

I downloaded the zip file from this site (v1.0 RC2) and from the file I copied the folder 'Web' to my IIS root directory and did the required steps as per the installation guide (I guess!) but when I run the application I got the following error: "The type or namespace name 'VideoShow' could not be found" on the line "<profile inherits="VideoShow.UserProfile">" of the web.config file.

Am I missing something?

Regards

Jan 13, 2008 at 6:39 AM
Thanks for the help mmoser, and sorry for the late reply :)