Errors on Clean Setup

Nov 22, 2007 at 6:35 AM
I just installed VSTS 2008 Team Suite (RTM) and opened Video.Show up. After changing the DB values in the Data/Settings file and the Data/VideoShow.dbml I tried to compile. I ge tthe following - any ideas:

Error 1 'System.Data.Linq.Table<VideoShow.Data.UsersToAvatar>' does not contain a definition for 'Add' and no extension method 'Add' accepting a first argument of type 'System.Data.Linq.Table<VideoShow.Data.UsersToAvatar>' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\VideoShowSource\Data\DataServices\UserServices.cs 125 44 Data

Error 2 'System.Data.Linq.Table<VideoShow.Data.Comment>' does not contain a definition for 'Add' and no extension method 'Add' accepting a first argument of type 'System.Data.Linq.Table<VideoShow.Data.Comment>' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\VideoShowSource\Data\DataServices\CommentServices.cs 69 38 Data

Error 3 'System.Data.Linq.Table<VideoShow.Data.Favorite>' does not contain a definition for 'Add' and no extension method 'Add' accepting a first argument of type 'System.Data.Linq.Table<VideoShow.Data.Favorite>' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\VideoShowSource\Data\DataServices\FavoriteServices.cs 114 43 Data

Error 4 'System.Data.Linq.Table<VideoShow.Data.Favorite>' does not contain a definition for 'Remove' and no extension method 'Remove' accepting a first argument of type 'System.Data.Linq.Table<VideoShow.Data.Favorite>' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\VideoShowSource\Data\DataServices\FavoriteServices.cs 119 43 Data

Error 5 Metadata file 'C:\VideoShowSource\Data\bin\Debug\VideoShow.Data.dll' could not be found Web
Nov 22, 2007 at 7:31 AM
I found the problem. In the RTM release, 'Add' was renamed to 'InsertOnSubmit'.

See this for other changes: http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2060651&SiteID=1
Coordinator
Nov 30, 2007 at 9:30 PM
and this is now "fixed" in the Video.Show 1.0 RC build, released today.