video upload thumbnail error

Jul 15, 2008 at 12:52 PM
when i upload a video, i see it go into the "encoding" and then the app blows up with:

line 38 on videobasicprocessor.cs - File.Copy(encoderResult.ThumbFilePath, newThumbPath, true);

System.IO.FileNotFoundException was unhandled
  Message="Could not find file 'C:\\Documents and Settings\\my.name\\Local Settings\\Temp\\VideoShowEncoder\\61.Encoded\\bird_Thumb.jpg'."
  Source="mscorlib"
  FileName="C:\\Documents and Settings\\my.name\\Local Settings\\Temp\\VideoShowEncoder\\61.Encoded\\bird_Thumb.jpg"
  StackTrace:
       at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
       at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)
       at System.IO.File.Copy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)
       at VideoShow.Bll.Media.Processing.BasicVideoProcessor.Process(Video video) in C:\Documents and Settings\my.name\My Documents\Dev\TechTube\Video.Show\Video.Show\BLL\Media\Processing\BasicVideoProcessor.cs:line 38
       at VideoShow.Bll.Media.Processing.AsyncVideoProcessor.<>c__DisplayClass1.<Process>b__0() in C:\Documents and Settings\my.name\My Documents\Dev\TechTube\Video.Show\Video.Show\BLL\Media\Processing\AsyncVideoProcessor.cs:line 24
       at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
       at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
  InnerException:
Jul 16, 2008 at 6:40 PM
I receive the same error.

Upon checking this location, I noticed a file created there called settings.dat which creates a RebuildEntry node in XML format with the message "Rebuild file doesn't exists" with the path specified in the FileNotFoundException.

This happens when using Encoder 2.0.  Would this have anything to do with this since this was all designed for 1.0?  I can't find any information on anything to do with "Rebuild File" and the Encoder.
Jul 16, 2008 at 10:21 PM
I uninstalled Encoder 2.0 and installed 1.0 and this is working now.  Not sure what is in 2.0 that is preventing this from working.
Aug 12, 2008 at 5:36 PM
I've spent a lot more time with this and I THINK I know what the problem is:

You must have the correct codec installed on the server, otherwise you receive this error message.

If you don't have the correct codec installed, the Encoder fails part way through, deletes the files, including the thumbnail, and then tries to keep going.  When the code comes to move the thumbnail, it no longer exists and you get this error message.

Now that I have the correct codec's installed, both Encoder 1 and 2 work fine.  I installed the K-Lite Mega Codec Pack and Quicktime and so far every video file I've thrown at this has worked perfectly.

Mike
Jun 11, 2009 at 1:11 PM

Hola, yo solucione el problema ingresando a http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942423, baje el software para ese problema y me funciona correctamente