Install problem

Mar 27, 2011 at 11:37 PM

Hello,

I have visual web developer 2010 on my laptop, when I load the video.show slu file of course it converts it to run on this ver. 2010.  When I select build the solution I get 5 errors.

Error 1 The referenced assembly "C:\Video.Show\Data\bin\Debug\Data.dll" was not found. If this assembly is produced by another one of your projects, please make sure to build that project before building this one. BLL
Error 2 The referenced assembly "C:\Video.Show\BLL\bin\Debug\BLL.dll" was not found. If this assembly is produced by another one of your projects, please make sure to build that project before building this one. Web
Error 3 The type 'System.Web.Security.MembershipUser' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'System.Web.ApplicationServices, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'. C:\Video.Show\Data\UserDO.cs 48 13 Data
Error 4 The type name 'MembershipUser' could not be found. This type has been forwarded to assembly 'System.Web.ApplicationServices, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'. Consider adding a reference to that assembly. C:\Video.Show\Data\UserDO.cs 48 13 Data

Error 1 : After extraction from the latest download there is NO files (data.dll) in the debug directory, so no wonder it was not found.

Error 2 : After extraction from the latest download there is NO files  (bll.dll) in the debug directory, so no wonder it was not found.

Error 3 and 4 I have added the reference everyway I know how and no luck.

Any help will be appreciated?

Thanks

Craig 

Mar 28, 2011 at 2:32 AM

OK I finally referenced everything to the right places and got the sites to build.  After all of this I an surprized that first windows live no longer support this and I have a dedicated server streaming videos right now.  Why would I want my data on someone elses server?  Well this has been a waste of time if I cannot use my on servers for storage and streaming.

Thanks