expression encoder hosting

Mar 11, 2008 at 9:24 PM
Are there any hosting servers out there with expression encoder installed on them .. if not wats the way around it ..
Mar 13, 2008 at 2:43 PM
Edited Mar 13, 2008 at 2:44 PM
does anyone has any opinion to share in this matter .. ???
expression encoder is one of the most imp component of Video.Show and if thats now available on any hosting server .. how is all this supposed to work !!!
Coordinator
Mar 14, 2008 at 4:23 PM

adeelmahmood wrote:
does anyone has any opinion to share in this matter .. ???
expression encoder is one of the most imp component of Video.Show and if thats now available on any hosting server .. how is all this supposed to work !!!

Hi there, Video.Show is aimed at a range of different usage scenarios - internal (intranet) video hosting as well as Internet-based hosting, but we didn't design it specifically with a shared hosting service / partial-trust environment in mind. Most companies of any significant scale aren't reliant on a shared hosting service for their Internet needs, so Video.Show is an attractive solution for their needs.

It's worth noting in passing that Silverlight Streaming has now added support for back-end encoding; although we haven't yet built that facility into Video.Show, it would be a relatively straightforward task to modify the pipeline to move the processing burden to Silverlight Streaming services.

Best wishes, Tim
Mar 14, 2008 at 4:46 PM
Thanks for replying. Ill look into the Silverlight Streaming back-end encoding. That sounds like something really interesting. Thanks Again
Mar 14, 2008 at 5:59 PM
I did some research and cant really find any information on this new feature of backend encoding in silverlight streaming. Can you may be point me in the right direction .. where I can find some information on it