Modifying the VideoGrid

Mar 7, 2008 at 2:08 PM
I have been trying to make some changes to the VideoGrid and for that purpose I downloaded the trial version of Expression Blend. When I try to open up the VideoShow project in Expression Blend it shows a bunch of error messages, it still opens up the project though. But when I try to open any of xaml files from the Silverlight folder blend crashes and gets close. I also tried just copying the XAML from the xaml files and pasting into Blend New project. That doesnt works either, problem here is that it cant find definitions for some the XAML elements.
I was hoping to get some information on being able to modify the VideoGrid component. I can see that another thread for this problem was created but no one replied there so I am opening up this topic again. Please, any help would be appreciated.

Mar 7, 2008 at 7:22 PM
I am not looking for a specific answer. Any hint on how to load up these XAML files to be able to make any changes at all in them, would be great :)
May 2, 2008 at 12:54 AM
I'm trying to change the color of the video titles from "white" to "black" in the video grid, anyone know where I can change this?
May 2, 2008 at 1:06 AM
Ok, figured it out. I'll explain an example of how I change the colors of the video title, tags:

1. go to "ZipResources" folder and edit the "GridItem.xaml" file. Change the "Foreground" color in the last "TextBlock" tag.
2. Save it and zip it into a new "VideoGrip.zip" to replace the existing one.

That should do it!